Skip to main content

Featured

Govt showcases tech solutions

At the second edition of the InnoEX which started today, over 100 technology solutions, including those developed by government departments, are being showcased at the Smart Hong Kong Pavilion set up by the Office of the Government Chief Information Officer (OGCIO).   Through interactive experiences and live demonstrations, the pavilion displays the fruitful achievements in advancing the development of innovation and technology (I&T) and smart city in Hong Kong brought about by the concerted efforts of the Government and various sectors, the OGCIO said.   Financial Secretary Paul Chan and Secretary for Innovation, Technology & Industry Professor Sun Dong visited the pavilion today. They were briefed by Government Chief Information Officer Tony Wong on how the OGCIO promotes the active adoption of I&T among government departments and works in collaboration with the local I&T sector to put forward innovative solutions, with a view to empowering public services wit

No new cases in restricted area

The Government announced that the compulsory testing exercise and enforcement operation for the restricted area in Kwun Tong finished this morning with no positive cases found.   It said from 7.30am, people in the restricted area who can present SMS notifications with negative test results or are wearing wristbands as proof of having undergone testing can leave the area.   The Government exercised the power under the Prevention & Control of Disease (Compulsory Testing for Certain Persons) Regulation to make a restriction-testing declaration at 7pm yesterday, requiring people within the specified restricted area at Blocks 5 and 7 at Laguna City in Lam Tin to stay in their premises and undergo compulsory testing.   They had to stay in their premises until all people in the area were tested and the test results were mostly ascertained.   Additionally, the Government issued a compulsory testing notice earlier to those who had been at the buildings for more than two hours from January 29 to 31 to undergo compulsory testing before 2am today even if they were not present in the restricted area when the declaration took effect.   Eight temporary specimen collection stations were set up in the restricted area to have people's combined nasal and throat swab samples collected for COVID-19 testing.   About 460 residents were tested as at 2am and no new confirmed cases were found.   The Government visited about 394 households. After deducting the households in units E on all floors of Block 5 which have been quarantined, about 60 households did not answer the door, including those with confirmed cases or undergoing quarantine, and some units that are possibly vacant. The Government will take measures to follow up.   It added staff from the Home Affairs Department, the Kwun Tong District Office, Police and the Auxiliary Medical Service were mobilised in this exercise to implement the declaration and enforcement actions.
http://dlvr.it/Rrmjjq

Popular Posts